Weddings at Thomas Fogarty Winery
Unforgettable Weddings Begin Here…
With stunning views from San Francisco to San Jose, Thomas Fogarty Winery and Vineyards is one of the San Francisco Peninsula’s premiere wedding locations. Known for its award winning wines, Thomas Fogarty Winery is an intimate, elegant and relaxing setting reserved for memorable special occasions.Thomas Fogarty Winery’s events area is a breathtaking redwood and stone facility with three separate levels that seemingly “flow” down the mountainside.
The experienced and attentive Events Coordinator at Thomas Fogarty invite you to view the facility and see why so many couples have chosen it as the ultimate, romantic place to begin the rest of their lives together.
Wedding Event Details
2016-2017 Rental Fees (rates are subject to change without notice)
The rental fee for a wedding ranges from $7,000 – $11,500.
Choose your consecutive rental time between the hours of 9:00 AM and 11:00PM.
- 8 consecutive hours in the months of November – March
9 consecutive hours in the months of April – October
*The latest time frame we can offer for Weddings is 2:00 PM – 11:00 PM. These 9 hours include two hours for the caterer to set-up and one hour for the caterer to clean up.
- Two dressing rooms available.
- A variety of tables and chairs.
- We have a preferred list of wonderful, local caterers to ease your search.
- We have a list of music production companies which are highly suggested to use through our preferred sources.
- Award winning Thomas Fogarty Wine, Sparkling Wine and Gordon Biersch Brewing Company beer only. We do not allow hard alcohol. You have the choice of serving wine only or beer and wine.
- We allow up to a string quartet on the lawn. No amplification or microphone use is allowed on the lawn area. We can have low amplification or a string quartet on the Pavilion. All dancing must be in the Hill House – in the hardwood floor room.
- When renting for a Wedding, the majority of the events facility is exclusively yours. These areas include…
- Lawn Area – for Ceremony Only
- Hill House – for dining and dancing
- Pavilion (outdoor covered deck area) – alternate ceremony location, initial area for appetizers or dining in the summer time
- Bridal Changing Room
- Changing Room for the Groom
- Our maximum capacity is 216 guests.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is included in the rental fee?
We include tables and chairs for up to 216 guests, rental of the whole event’s facility and 8 to 9 hours of rental time (includes 2 hours for setup and 1 hour for breakdown of the event).
2. What is the latest time we can rent the facility for our event
Weddings must conclude by 10 p.m (These restrictions are part of our conditional use permit from the town of Portola Valley.)
3. What is your maximum capacity?
4. How do I determine my rental fee?
Rental fees are determined by the type of event, day of week, time of year, and time of day. Rates vary between $7,000 and $11,500.
5. What if I have a wedding planned for the outdoor area but I need to change my plans due to inclement weather?
You couldn’t ask for a better back-up plan than our covered Pavilion for a ceremony and our glass-enclosed Terrace for the reception. In fact, sometimes it is difficult to decide between your reception options as they are both stunning and all rooms offer the same picturesque view. When renting for a wedding, the entire facility is yours to set up as you wish (barring a few restrictions with volume).
6. Where can I get that beautiful arch for my ceremony?
Talk to your florist about having an arch at the center of your ceremony. They have many wonderful ideas on how to accent the ceremony area.
7. Who provides the meal?
We are proud to offer an exclusive list of preferred caterers. These full-service caterers are licensed and professional. Our goal is to provide a wide range of prices and cuisine through our approved caterers.
8. Do you provide linens and table settings also?
You would work directly with your caterer to provide all linens, glassware, and place settings.